Dermatology Consultants of Sacramento is pleased to offer video visits with all of our providers!
Just like our in-office visits, we will listen to your skin concerns, examine your skin, provide appropriate prescriptions, and give medical advice. Your insurance company will cover your visit just as they would an in-office appointment. We use the Zoom application — it is encrypted and easy to use.
Here are some tips to make your video visit a success:
- After scheduling, you will receive an email with your zoom link and appointment time.
- If you are using your phone, download the zoom app prior to your scheduled apportionment time.
- Click on the link in the invitation email 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- If you experience difficulty logging in, please call our office and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Make sure your camera and microphone are turned “on.”
- Wear loose clothing to more easily access your skin.
- If you need to show your dermatologist a location that you cannot easily access (ex. back, scalp) have someone else present to hold your camera.
- Natural lighting works best.
- In our experience, cell phones have higher quality cameras than laptops.
- Just like an in-office visit, please be prepared with a list of all of your medications, creams if applicable, and list of questions/concerns.
- Like all appointments, we have a 24-hour cancellation policy.